The third-largest Thai island, Koh Samui is part of an archipelago of more than 60 islands off Thailand’s east coast. Just a 45-minute flight from Bangkok, and a short flight from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. The island’s white sand, swaying coconut palms and calm waters help to maintain its away-from-it-all charm.
HOW FAR TO?
- Located in Bophut
- 10 minute walking distance to the Bophut Beach. 15-20 minute drive to other island beaches
- 10 minute walking distance Bophut Fishermans Village and pier. This is where you will find beach front bars, restaurants, boutique shops and tour organisers for the island.
- 2 minute walk to local shop for ice, drinks, milk and basic supplies.
- 5 minute walk to local cafes, food markets and temples
- 5 minute drive to local supermarkets
- 15 minute drive to Koh Samui International Airport (5km from the Villa)
- 15 minute drive to Sanitburi Championship Golf Course
- Easy access to Samui tourist destinations
Fishermans village is fast gaining a reputation that stretches beyond Samui for being the most elegant and well preserved place on the island. Lined by old wooden Chinese shop houses interspaced with a few contemporary buildings which match the tone, it retains a distinctly mediterranean feel. This is probably due to the fact that it was the main French outpost on the island for many years. Mixed amoung the shops are several boutiques selling high quality clothing and jewelry.
GONE TO THE BEACH….
Bo Phut beach boasts a 3km long beach which has shallow water for swimming and no coral restricting access to the water. There are few water sport activities on this beach so you can enjoy peace, tranquility and uninterrupted views of Koh Pha-Ngan island.There are many other beaches and hidden coves to explore around the island, hiring a car is a good way to explore these. Try Maenam, Chaweng, Coral Cove, Silver Beach by the Yacht Club, Chemong, Bangrak and Lamai.
If you have no beach towels Baan Jasmine has some available for your use on request.
FANCY A BITE TO EAT?
Look under “Links and Activites” for our restaurant recommendations for Bophut Fishermans Village and other areas.